November 14, 2008

November Blooms

Photobucket

Do you also look at neighbour's gardens to check 'is there anything worth seeing? especially in November? is there anything blooming over there?'
If yes... come and see my garden... see, something is still blooming... soo... don't ask me more questions, just give me your warm hand in cold November day and follow me...
When we passed the front garden have you seen the blooming hebe? The way the leaves are placed in the stem... OK, you can't see much of it, but what about its green leaves tinted white? Nom, right?

Photobucket

Asters are still so shiny - radiant especially in dull November days... I am so happy to show them to you, cos they really are able to sooth your tired eyes.

Photobucket

Surprising pairing could show unexpected results...

Photobucket

... while Chrysanthemum x superbum 'Esther Read' looks little out of place and season....

Photobucket

... fire orange Dendrathema looks right in place - what an cheering up in November! Finally found the proper orange shade... that is so energising and uplifting.

Photobucket

... fuchsia - unbeatable in blooming.... I feel bad about taking it to dungeon (! :) for winter.

Photobucket

... her name is Calluna. She lives on the groundfloor...

Photobucket

Let me introduce you to Dendrathema (mums) - but why she resembles snow... that's too early.

Photobucket

..this Campanula poscharskyana still reminds me of summer, right? It blooms from June, likes to climb other plants...

Photobucket

Pelargonium still in bloom...

Photobucket

... hydrangeas too...

Photobucket

Tagetes as well...

Photobucket

The suspect, that was 'wanted' in the last post was identified as Erica vagans Diana Hornibrook suitable for any kind of soil. Great! - it doesn't require acidic soil, as long as it is rich in organic matter and magnesium. If you have doubts, check it here. They write, it even can be adapted to alkaline soils.
My congratulations and special Thank You goes to Easygardener - who identified the plant.


Photobucket

... did enjoy your walk? You must be tired, so let me get you a cup of green tea - will purify your body, mind and make you stronger.

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day is hosted by Ewa (or Eve if you prefer) here and Carol at May Dreams Gardens - thank you Carol.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ewa, It is such a cold, dreary day here in Canada. It was very relaxing to tour your garden photographs. It reminds me that summer will come again. JUst not soon enough for me.

Sunflower Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Ewa, you have so much in bloom. I really love those heaths and heathers, so glad you got a name for that last one. Thanks so much for talking us along with you on the walk. And for the refreshing tea. Love that orange dendrathema too.
Frances

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What gorgeous blooms you have in November Ewa. Oh yes I would love a cup of tea. I would put some sugar in that warm cuppa making it not so healthy. ;)

Gail said...

Fantastic blooms Ewa...I especially like the asters. They are my fall favorites and I think it pairs nicely with the sage. Thank you for the walk!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful, delectably unique blooms! How fantastic to have so much color -- like a breath of fresh air.

Lori Skoog said...

Ewa....I am amazed that you have so many flowers in bloom. What is the temperature over there? Beautiful photographs!
Lori Skoog

Robin Piggott said...

Hi Ewa,what a magnificent Autumn display. I particularly love the Orange Dendrathema.
It's difficult to decide on a favourite they are all delectable!.
One thing that strikes me is that even though in our own garden here in Ireland we have many of the plants you show they are struggling to produce the kind of blooms you have.
I know that you still have nice cold Winters in Poland whereas here we are experiencing constant wet weather.Some plants here this year gave up completely trying to produce a show.Roses, Fuschia, Dahlia, all struggling....its heartbreaking but something Europe must prepare for.
Robin & Bob the Boxer.Limerick

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

MMmmmmmmmmm, yes, I'd like a nice cup of tea, thanks! Well, what can I say? Your garden still looks great for November as there is such a lot in flower. Love the Asters and Mums and I am in love with that Calluna.

Flowers at this time of year really cheers us up, don't you think?

Happy GBBD, Ewa and thanks for the tea!

Webradio said...

Hello !

Your garden is very beautiful, with these nice flowers...

I like walk throught (with You... Smile...)...

And a cup of coffee !

See You later !

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ewa! How uplifting! I'm up so early it's still moonlight on the garden at the moment, so all that bright color was so welcome! Is Dendrathema a mum? That orange one is spectacular as is the dear calluna. And I love that beautiful, welcoming teacup! Lovely set up, my dear. Thanks for the thoughtful tour! xoxo

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the walk very much. Beautiful blooms.

LINDA from Each Little World said...

You have a beautiful garden and wonderful photos to show us what's blooming. Thanks for sharing. It is cold and looks like snow here so I am drinking coffee and about to make a batch of cookies. After I photograph them, I'm sure they will appear on my blog — probably next week some time. Thanks again for your GBBD post.

Michelle said...

Ewa, thank you for the walk through your lovely garden. It made me think of spring.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Oh, my, an Erica that doesn't need acid soil sounds almost too good to be true! I must look into that. Your gardens looks like its where mine was in September, it's still so green & lush. It all looks beautiful. My favorite is the Hebe, it is so striking.

Signe said...

Hello Ewa. This was beautifull pictures of your flowers. Thank you for letting us se all of them.

Sarah Laurence said...

Ewa, all those blooms and so much green! I'm envious. I did enjoy my walk and that virtual cup of tea, thank you. It's gray and wet here.

Anonymous said...

Poland looks like a fine place to be in November, with more going on than here in zone 7 Pacific Northwest.
Thanks for sharing.

Carol Michel said...

Thanks for the lovely walk through your garden. It looks great with a lot still in bloom. And the cup of tea at the end was wonderful. Thanks for joining in for bloom day.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Katarina said...

Thank our Ewa, for that lovely tour around your beautiful garden! And the green tea was great too!
Katarina

Barbara said...

Hu..what do I read, the erica shown in your last post doesn't need acid soil. Then perhaps I could dare to make another go ;-) !!!
You still have a great number of blooming flowers, and this in November. Great! Enjoy it as long as you can. Winter is coming soon!
Barbara

Rose said...

The cup of tea looks very inviting on this cold dreary day in the Midwest. Your photos are beautiful, and you have such vibrant colors in your garden, Ewa! I'm not a big fan of orange in the garden, but that orange dendrathema is absolutely stunning. Thank you for the walk through your garden.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed looking at your blooms, and the way you worded things. It reminded me of a student I know who is from the Ukraine. Thanks for the tea, too!

VP said...

What a richness of blooms you have in your garden Ewa. Not like November at all :)

Aiyana said...

Beautiful photos. Love the mums especially.
Aiyana

Victoria Cummings said...

Ewa - Since it was 20F degrees here last night, I am particularly enjoying your garden in November. Asters, I must plant asters. But not until next year. Now, I'm spreading compost over dead beds and dreaming of what to add to the garden next Spring.

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS