August 22, 2009

Garden shopping - If I give you now 1.000 $, what would you buy?


Remember the day when you got first introduced to gardening? You were lucky if there was somebody to explain majority of things, but what if you know nothing about gardening and one day you decide you want to get your own garden. Don't you think that people feel little helpless in such situations and they are looking for help.
When I had started 5 years ago, nobody told me, that I should fall in love with this specific Garden Fork. I killed 4 of them in 2 years before I bought garden fork of proper quality. That branded garden fork I have bought 3 years ago and it is still in excellent condition.

These days people tend to do more things by themselves, so why not to help a little by recommending MUST HAVE items in the garden, whether it is garden work or leisure. What do you think about it?

There is also the other side of it. Each of you have different experience with different products. Some of them are better than others - why not to exchange opinion on that too? For example I'd like to know which of lawn movers you like best and why, because I need to buy a new one. My first one was very basic - it served well for 5 years, but it seems that for next season I will need a new one. Knowing your true experience would be really helpful.
Maybe you also would like to buy a new lawn mover, because despite of all negative comments, you still also have a lawn which needs care every week?

This season is about to end for Northern Hemisphere, but on the other side of globe Spring will be coming soon and our friends from Australia and South America are getting ready for new season.

As the season is slowly coming to an end, there will be price reductions soon also in Garden Centers, when we can buy things cheaper and save some money for better purpose.

Like always Autumn and Winter will be passing soon and Spring for us will be also coming. In between we can prepare better for next season.

So let's make virtual shopping. Let's assume that I give you 1.000 $. With these money you can make shopping of new things for your garden for example at Amazon, where nearly all products are listed and which is so popular.

What would you buy? Maybe Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower or Strathwood Chaise Lounge or Veranda Fire Pit Cover or special book like Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life (P.S.) ?

Don't limit yourself... unless this 1.000$ is not enough - then just spend more.

If you would like to participate in this "Garden Shopping of Dreams" you may either place your choice here in comment section, or make blog post and place the link here:




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoops, I misunderstood the linking system, Ewa. If I had 1000.00 right now, I'd get more good soil and mulch, enough to do all the beds so I wouldn't spend so much time weeding when I've been busy working. And then I'd do some hardscaping, build a nice high fence in one part of the yard so the cats could have a safe place to go outside and play, and get a good hammock so I could lay around and watch them play and the garden grow.

Tara Dillard said...

Oh dear, I am about to spend $1,000. Believing a penny saved is a plant bought it's not often I spend a chunk of money.

What I'm buying for my landscape this fall: granite grit, shrubs, groundcovers, trees, men-labor, #89 granite gravel, Adirondack chairs, chandelier to hang from tree, custom color wood stain, custom color paint for iron patio furniture, mulch.

Life is good.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Maggie said...

Hi Ewa,
We seem to be getting hotter and drier weather here in South Australia.
I would spend the money building a permanent structure we can leave shade cloth over during our hot summers.
At the moment we hang shadecloth from the trees or all our veggies would just cook!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS