September 27, 2009

25 beautiful pictures of botanical garden in Wroclaw/Poland

Photobucket

Today let me take you for virtual garden tour in Wroclaw Botanical Garden - one of the oldest botanical gardens in Poland. It was founded almost 200 years ago in 1811 as scientific institution of Wroclaw University. Garden area to admire is 7 ha, including 3300 m2 under glass, 11 500 number of species and varieties.

Its history says that in 1945 almost 50% of all trees were destroyed in one of the last WW2 battles. I can't imagine how much more beautiful it would be with double number of trees.

It is located almost in the center of the city, in the area of the city’s fortifications and its oldest district, Ostrow Tumski, very easy to get there with public transportation. If you come to Wroclaw, don't miss this place.

I took tones of pictures while visited the garden last week, but to make it easier to digest I decided to make a selection of 25 most beautiful pictures showing sweetest places. Possibly I missed many of them, because after 4 hours walking, I looked, but I didn't see.

This collection of 25 beautiful pictures provides great inspiration for every gardener, so give me your hand and let’s go...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

Darla said...

What a garden!! THanks for the tour.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Ewa ... simply beautiful pictures ! I love the way the ornamental grasses were tied up .. the water and rock features .. everything looked perfect for these pictures !
Joy : )

Jan said...

What a lovely place to send an afternoon. Thanks for the photo trip.

Jan
Always Growing

Randi said...

What a wonderful parc! Many thanks for the tour - I wish I could take a walk there.

vicki archer said...

Thank you for such a beautiful tour Ewa....I hope you are enjoying the weekend, xv.

Lona said...

What a wonderful and beautiful tour. I loved how the green hedge ran into the burgundy one. So different and a wonderful idea.Also the way the grasses were tied up was fantastic to. Thanks for sharing the tour.

Noelle Johnson said...

What a beautiful place. I hope to be able to visit someday.

Robin Ripley said...

Well now, that was a lovely trip. I have often experienced the "look but didn't see" phenomenon after visiting massive gardens. The photos let you go back and take your time. Thank you!

Robin

Barbara said...

This is indeed a very beautiful and interesting botanical garden which looks more like a big private park....the castle is only missing ;-) !! I'd have liked to see some more pictures.. Thank you for these wonderful impressions.

stadtgarten said...

What a beautiful garden! I have been to Wroclaw years ago and I liked it very much. One day I will come back there.

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS