June 1, 2010

14 ideas for bean poles - Inspirational Monday

This is what usually happens, when you do something for the first time - collect ideas 'how to'. I am growing beans for the first time and deciding how to support it is not easy. Bean poles or bean pole trellis - is there any special way to do it? First inspiration came from Patrick and also I searched through different sources. You may see my choice of the ideas I found - how support beans if you want to grow fresh beans in your garden. Maybe you can use it in your garden also.   

























***************************
If you would like to improve your garden to a beautiful paradise, let me help you to design it. We can work online. Contact me at ewamariasz [at] gmail [dot] com.

Happy Gardening!


Xoxo,
Ewa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like any of the methods would work equally well, though I've always gone the stake-and-string way, just because it was easiest at the time. Good luck with your beans -- they're simply delicious!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

I think I like the rustic looking ones best, perhaps because they would fit best into my garden. I love growing beans but always end up with too many runner beans! I still have some in my freezer from last year and this years are zooming up the poles.

Gail said...

Really excellent ideas Ewa. I used branches from trees I thinned, but then I am growing them in a woven laundry basket! gail

Ewa said...

Nancy - I cross my fingers :) I grow 4 varieties of beans to see which one will prefer my garden.

elizabethm - this is exactly what is difficult in planning a small vegetable garden to plan the diversity of different veggies, so to be able to change the menu in the season :)

Gail - woven laundry basket? i need to see that. How about the allotment book? any good?

Kate said...

Ewa this is all so lovely!

Kate said...

Ewa this is so lovely!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS